The Next Chapter of Luke – what’s it all about?

Well, here’s a little idea of what the sequel has in store for Emily and Luke… (cover to be unveiled shortly!)

After a senior year filled with ups and downs and a notebook that almost cost her everything she cared about most, life has finally fallen into place for Emily Abbott.

With graduation behind her and college acceptance a certainty, Emily is looking forward to a perfectly predictable summer. Her plans for a cushy job on Cape Cod with best friends Josie and Lucy, and time to finally enjoy a normal relationship with Luke, are just what she needs.

But when her mom springs a surprise on her and an accident upends Luke’s plans, the summer ahead brings changes that Emily couldn’t have possibly prepared for or predicted.

As the warm weather wanes and college looms in the future, Emily is faced with choices that no handbook can help her navigate. And she’s about to learn that the consequences of her decisions will impact everyone around her, and test whether true love is about holding on or knowing when to say goodbye.

By |2015-04-22T10:52:29+00:00April 22nd, 2015|Book of Luke, Book of Luke sequel|12 Comments

About the Author:

12 Comments

1. Noreen April 24, 2015 at 11:41 pm - Reply

Yayayayay I’m soooo excited for this book!! To be honest it’s been a long time since you posted the first three chapters of the sequel! May I ask around what time the sequel is going to be released?! 🙂

P.S. I went to visit the east coast and when I saw a friendly’s restaurant there I got so excited cause I thought it was just a fictional place in the book hahaha 🙂

• Jenny O'Connell April 25, 2015 at 8:57 am - Reply

That is so funny about Friendkly’s!!! It looks like the sequel will be out in June, I will definitely let you know the exact date!

2. ellie June 22, 2015 at 4:42 am - Reply

Hi Jenny… Its June and there’s no update on the release date and cover from you. Will it be out this or next month?

3. kay July 11, 2015 at 8:18 pm - Reply

Hi! I’m so excited to read the sequel. I’ve been waiting for this since! I hope it’d out soon. yay!

• Jenny O'Connell March 18, 2016 at 10:07 am - Reply

You and me both!

4. kay July 11, 2015 at 8:19 pm - Reply

*since 2014

• Jenny O'Connell March 18, 2016 at 10:07 am - Reply

I know!! Thank you for your patience, writing a book takes a lot of time and I seem to be in short supply these days!

5. helen July 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm - Reply

WHEN IS THIS BOOK COMING OUT I CANNOT WAIT

• Jenny O'Connell March 18, 2016 at 10:06 am - Reply

I’m sorry it’s taking longer than expected! “Real” work has taken over my life, but it’s almost ready!

6. Emily August 6, 2015 at 6:31 pm - Reply

Is the sequel still coming out?

7. Emily February 19, 2016 at 11:55 am - Reply

Is this book still coming out?

• Jenny O'Connell March 18, 2016 at 10:05 am - Reply

Well, the short answer is yes. The longer answer is that it’s been delayed because life has become tremendously busy (I also own my own company, and it’s been crazy busy the past six months and so Luke has not been at the forefront of my time). But that said, the book is almost there and should be out soon.