Some changes…

So where are Luke and Emily? Well, there’s a reason the book was delayed and it’s because I didn’t think something was working. I couldn’t put my finger on it and I kept tinkering and tinkering. There are parts I loved and parts… well, that I didn’t love so much. And then it hit me – Luke. I felt like we needed to hear from him, that this time around we needed to know more about what he was thinking and going through. So that’s what’s happening. This time around, it’s not just Emily we’re hearing from, but Luke as well. Some chapters are told entirely from his point of view, and it’s been so much fun writing them! I’ve never written from a guy’s point of view before and I wasn’t sure how it would go, but I’m pretty happy with it!

So hang in there, a revamped Emily and Luke will be available soon!

By |2017-01-25T20:17:21+00:00January 25th, 2017|Book of Luke, Book of Luke sequel, Writing|9 Comments

About the Author:

9 Comments

1. Jess @ Fairytales and Books February 28, 2017 at 1:11 am - Reply

Both Emily and Luke’s perspectives?! YES!! I love dual pov’s, Jenny, and I can’t wait to hear from both Emily and Luke. This just made my night. 😊

• Jenny O'Connell February 28, 2017 at 4:21 pm - Reply

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that!!! I’ve never written in a guy’s voice before (or tried to get in his head) but Luke has been lots of fun!

• Jess @ Fairytales and Books March 1, 2017 at 12:02 am - Reply

Do you have a release date? And if your interested, I would love do a character interview with Luke on my blog, when it comes closer to the release. 😊

• Jenny O'Connell March 6, 2017 at 1:18 pm - Reply

I don’t have a release date yet, but hoping soon. As for your blog, I’d love to do that!! Thank you for offering! I’ll let you know when we get closer to pub date. thanks!

2. Meg April 8, 2017 at 1:36 pm - Reply

This sounds amazing! Can’t wait.

3. Jess July 3, 2017 at 2:03 am - Reply

Hey Jenny, I tried to get in touch with Simon and Schuster regarding an update on the book, but I have not heard back anything. Are there any updates?

• Jenny O'Connell August 7, 2017 at 11:01 am - Reply

Hi Jess, Sorry it took a bit to respond to this, the summer has been crazy busy! No definite date yet, but as soon as I know I will let you know. Enjoy the rest of your summer! J